How To: Make DIY Nitrogen Triiodide from ammonia & water purification iodine crystals

Make DIY Nitrogen Triiodide from ammonia & water purification iodine crystals

Nitrogen Triiodide is a very powerful contact explosive, but like most fun chemicals is not readily available to the general public cheaply. If you want some and have some chemistry skills, watch this video to learn how to make Nitrogen Triiodide at home out of household ammonia and water purification iodine crystals.

Just updated your iPhone? You'll find new emoji, enhanced security, podcast transcripts, Apple Cash virtual numbers, and other useful features. There are even new additions hidden within Safari. Find out what's new and changed on your iPhone with the iOS 17.4 update.

6 Comments

where can i get all of those ingredents?

Found some at wal-mart but they can be found in most stores that have cleaning supplies and other related things.

I always use concentrated ammonia - not sure how easy it is to get hold of.

I made some back when was bored at university. This stuff is wickedly unstable. It blew up while i was washing it down in the filter paper. It left little specks all over the lab floor so for weeks afterwards people were setting it off when they walked into the lab. If you're going to make take the right safety precautions.

Nitric acid from. Car battery and iodine crystals... Been known how to make this since middle school

Nitric acid from a car battery? Every one I know of uses sulfuric acid. However, since English is apparently not your first language, perhaps they use it in your country. But I doubt it.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Latest